Three reviews came in for So You Think You Know the Presidents
“Foreword Magazine the first to deliver said, “Meltzer delivers what he’s promised, as the book features everything from short trivia-style questions and answers to multi-page charts showing the results of major presidential rating polls by historians, or the inflation-adjusted net worth of the presidents, both at their death and at the peak of their wealth (at least one president was comparatively wealthy while in office but nearly destitute at death)”.
Library Journal was quick to follow with:
“The facts in this book are indeed fascinating, as Meltzer (attorney; formerly law, Rutgers Univ. Sch. of Law; The Thinker’s Thesaurus) seeks to offer information about the personal lives and activities of the U.S. presidents, rather than concentrating on their political careers. The author states his intention to provide something different from other volumes on the presidents, which he feels are flawed for several reasons (they are organized by president, the men are discussed in order of their administrations, they are not interactive, they focus on trivia, and the information is not usually original). The introduction is a selection of facts that are sure to capture the imagination of the reader; for example, Meltzer explains that Herbert Hoover was the only president to meet Adolf Hitler. Chapters are arranged in question-and-answer format, and readers will often be as surprised at the question as by the answer.”
And Publishers Weekly followed up with:
“Once again Meltzer (The Thinker’s Thesaurus) remixes the reference book, this time offering a buoyant twist to American presidential history. The book reads like a transcript to a popular quiz show. It’s jam-packed with trivia, both well-known and rare, about all of the Presidents: Who’s the only one from Indiana? Benjamin Harrison. Which is the only one Queen Elizabeth II didn’t meet during her long reign? Lyndon Johnson. Who are the five Presidents who weren’t elected to that office? John Tyler, Millard Fillmore, Andrew Johnson, Chester Arthur, and Gerald Ford. The content is divided into sections about the Presidents’ pets, families, educations, and inaugurations, among 25 or so topics, and while a few sections, such as a chapter on rankings, devolve into a stream of statistics, most are involving, since the author makes it a point to fully explain the answers to every question unlike other quiz books on the topic. A fun addition to the American history buff’s bookshelf. B&w photos.”
So You Think You Know the Presidents is in Barnes and Noble, Books a Million and on Internet sites globally.
- June 12, 2014 — Inaugural Bibles: Interview on the Fine Books Blog - Rebecca Rego Barry interviews Michael Costanzo for the Fine Books Blog.
- May 3, 2014 — Breaking Iraq Garners Award - Breaking Iraq Finalist for Book of the Year.
- March 24, 2014 — Lincoln Historian to discuss in oak ridge the greatest speech ever delivered - Historian to discuss Lincoln’s life.
- March 17, 2014 — Uniformed Services Association Reviews Gen. McKnight book - Uniformed Service Journal reviews From Pigeons to Tweets.
- March 12, 2014 — The Power of Publicity - Breaking Iraq featured in Soldier of Fortune Magazine
- February 13, 2014 — HPC to Publish Book on New Type of Warfare - DOD Analyst’s new book “Wiki-War” to be published by HPC in September
- January 23, 2014 — Miyoko Hikiji releases proposal for Military Sexual Predation/Military Sexual Assault Law - “We see a gap in the current law,” said Miyoko Hikiji, Military Sexual Trauma (MST) Project Director for the Veterans National Recovery Center. We have anecdotal evidence that on occasion, Iowa women in service to their country are being placed in difficult and unfair circumstances where legal recourse is fuzzy at best and nonexistent at worse.”
- January 21, 2014 — New Photographs and Illustrations on UNABOMBER case to be revealed. - Previously unpublished material on Unabomber case to be revealed in forthcoming book.
- January 21, 2014 — Book Launches Miyoko Hijiki into Service for Vets - Miyoko Hikiji in sevice for Wounded Veterans
- January 7, 2014 — Custer Survivor Rides Again - Custer Survivor rides again on History Channel
- January 5, 2014 — Ted Spain Airs thoughts Over international airwaves - Col. Ted Spain interviewed on “For Your Ears Only”
- December 10, 2013 — Charlie’s Place Garners Award - Michael S. Malone’s “Charlie’s Place” Finalist in USA History Books for 2013.
- November 19, 2013 — James L. Cotton Jr. on Voice of America - James L. Cottom Jr. featured on Voice of America
- September 29, 2013 — Ted Spain to be Guest Spealer at Embry-RIddle - Col Ted Spain to be guest speaker at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University on Oct. 2
- August 21, 2013 — Western Shooting Journal profiles Miyoko Hikiji - The September, 2013 issue of Western Shooting Journal features Miyoko Hikiji.
- July 2, 2013 — Miyoko Hikiji: My Platoon Tried to Sell Me - The guys said it was a joke, but I wasn’t the only one that didn’t find it funny. The Iraqi men bartering for me, an American female soldier, weren’t laughing either.
- June 20, 2013 — New book explores life on the WWII chow line - Wes Locher talks about Bullets and Bread, the newest book from author Kent Whitaker.
- June 18, 2013 — Miyoko Hikiji Radio Interview - The author of All I Could Be: My Story as a Woman Warrior in Iraq, was interviewed by National Defense VFW Radio Network.
- June 13, 2013 — New Book Examines Conceptual Moments in Lincoln’s Life, Brings Understanding to Birth of the Greatest Speech - History Publishing Company has agreed to publish The Greatest Speech Ever: The Remarkable Story of Abraham Lincoln and His Gettysburg Address by Judge James L. Cotton.
- May 23, 2013 — Miyoko Hikiji in Stars and Stripes - Miyoko Hikiji drove convoy trucks in Iraq for a year, but she couldn’t get a modeling job with a military supply company because they thought she didn’t look like a soldier.
- May 8, 2013 — ”Writer details life as woman warrior” - Des Moines Register - Miyoko Hikiji, and the book about her experiences, are featured in the Des Moines Register
- April 28, 2013 — Dept. of Defense Invites Ted Spain to Paricipate in Program - Dept. of Defense Invites Col Ted Spain to Discuss Post War Governance
- April 25, 2013 — Miyoko Hikiji Nominated for Notable Veteran Honors - Author nominated for Iowa Veteran Hinors
- February 20, 2013 — Renowned War Correspondent Comments on “ Breaking Iraq” - Joseph Galloway Comments on Forthcoming “Breaking Iraq”
- January 30, 2013 — John Quinn Keynote Speaker at International Conference - John Quinn keynote speaker
- January 18, 2013 — Gen. McKnight Inaugural Speaker at Microsoft Museum - Gen McKnight inauger speaker at Museum of the Lovong Computer
- January 15, 2013 — European Coverage Set for HPC - HPC books now distributed in much of the World.
- January 4, 2013 — Mac McKnight to Talk Teaching in High Tech - General McKnight to address Microsoft Alumni and Seattle museum crowd.
- December 10, 2012 — Gen. McKnight to be Honored - Gen. McKnight to receive new honor
- November 7, 2012 — Midwest Book Review Hails Charlie’s Place - Michael S. Malone’s new book “highly recommended by reviewer.
- August 16, 2012 — John Quinn to Speak at Veterans Administration Function - John Quinn to be Guest Speaker at VA Function
- August 10, 2012 — HPC to publish Iraq Invasion from Woman’s Perspective - HPC agrees to publish Iraq invasion from woman’s point of view.
- July 30, 2012 — ”Defying Evil” hailed as “Valuable Book.” - Canadian Jewish News hails Defying Evil as a “valuable book.”
- July 26, 2012 — Peter Meltzer title completes pre-inaugeration collection - Presidential pre-inaugeration collection complete
- July 8, 2012 — Welcome to Hell coming August 10 - Author Patrick Turley captures the time he spent in the San Diego Marine Corps Boot Camp
- July 6, 2012 — January date for Signal Corps book on communications revolution - General McKnight’s Book Set for January pub date.
- July 5, 2012 — Mike Gallagher praises “The Right Frequency” as a classic - Mike Gallagher Praises The Right Frequency
- July 4, 2012 — U.S. Army Colonel Carm Cicalese and NATO - Col. Carm Cicalese guest speaker at NATO
- June 28, 2012 — Breaking Iraq By Ted Spain and Terry Turchie Foreword by Tom Ricks - Breaking Iraq by Col.Ted Spain and FBI Unit Dir. Foreword by Tom Ricks
- June 28, 2012 — James Heaphey Blogs on National Decption of Allies - Jom Heaphy blogs on National deception
- June 21, 2012 — Fred Lucas to Participate in National Press Club Event - Fred Lucas to join The NAtiona Press Club for fund raising event.
- June 8, 2012 — Welcome to Hell to benefit children of fallen military - Author of Welcome to Hell to aid children of fallen troops.
- May 23, 2012 — HPC Authors to be at BookExpo June 5-7 - Authors to sign books at Book Expo
- May 18, 2012 — Former Marine Commandant Salutes Forthcoming Book - General Krulak, former Marine Corps Commandant, registers thoughts on new book,
- May 17, 2012 — Newly Acquired Title to Launch New HPC Collection - New Collection focusing on the people who made America great to be launched in 2013.
- May 16, 2012 — Publishers Weekly review of Welcome to Hell out. - PW review of Welcome to Hell
- May 1, 2012 — Defying Evil Selected by The Sons of Italy Book Club - Defying Evil selected by The Sons of Italy Book Club. Featured in Italian America magazine.
- April 16, 2012 — HPC to publish history of revolution in military communications - General MC Knights From Pigeons to Tweets to be published in December.
- February 27, 2012 — PW Review on Defying Evil - PW review of Defyng Evil by Ben Wood
Printed from the History Publishing Company website, visit http://historypublishingco.com .